this old cat-house

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Blogging. As our renovations start to wrap up in this Old-Cat-House, we were talking about whether to end the blog or not. I have been reading a lot of blogs this winter about other people's homes and they all have a real mish-mash of content. ie) baking, cooking, renovation, crafting, recipes, environmental cleaning, weather, gardening etc. So for now, I will be trying to blog about some of the other activities happening in the Old-Cat-House that are not specifically about our renovations.



January...Christmas is all over and it feels like a time to cleanse. Ian did this by systematically packing all our holiday stuff away in a highly organized fashion, and I did this by ridding myself of all half finished knitting projects and partial balls of yarn. It felt really good, but of course I couldn't just throw everything out, so I simply packed it up and sent it to Jodie's basement. Awww, cleansing!

As a result, I felt liberated from these old projects and allowed myself a trip to the Yarn Store to buy just enough yarn for one project at a time. I bought one skein of Cascade 220 in a heather green:

It's Ballin' Time:
Inspired by my lovely and talented sis-in-law, I have decided to start sharing pics of some of my knitting projects. Here are my latest NewFoundLand Mittens in Hemp and Noro Kureon. I had the pattern a long time ago, but now I just knit it from memory. There are a tonne of patterns on the Google though if you want to try it.
Infinity Scarf in Noro Silk. I love Noro b/c no matter what I wear there is usually one colour in the blend that matches my clothes, or at least my earrings.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger rachel said...

I must say I do love the addition of cooking and crafts to the blog. The mish-mash, as you refer to it, is simply splendid. As always, a joy to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home