this old cat-house

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lovely festive Christmas bouquet from my Love:

Someone who has chosen to spend Christmas in a far-away land called 'Merica has asked for some pictures of our Christmas decorating. And since this person who has chosen to spend Christmas in a far-away land supplied so many of our beautiful decorations, I decided I would appease her. (xoxo)

My Auntie gave us so many lovely ornaments from her church Christmas bazaar, and of course (since she has wonderful taste) they all match our house perfectly. Here are some lime green, glittery snowflakes that I hung from all our curtain rods in the house. I wonder how these lime green flakes would look against my white curtains...the ones I was forced to take down to protect my sister's virtue from our neighbour, "Stare-y"(as if there was any real chance of that!)


More lime green. These are a bit harder to see. I plan to obtain a red feather boa to hang above this light so that the green curlies really POP out.
Kerry's centre-piece she made for one of our little dinner parties. These ornaments were made in Japan and all have beautiful drawings:
Our collection of Christmas cards:
A wide frame shot...Ian hund the card holder in a place I cannot reach:
Little feather boa tree and more lime green:
Willow tree people-I actually have my eye on the Willow Tree Nativity Scene, but not this year:

bad cat on the counter top-guess who this cat belongs to? Oh, well. Like we always said (say?) about my sister: "Maybe she'll be better when she's 25"

Ian's snow tunnel. Since he and Kerry built it there has been another SNOWMAGEDON (and snow day for me!) and it sort of collapsed:


Art:

Little tree with lots of presents already. In the background you can kind of see some of the hand-knit stockings we hang every year. Although we do not hang them over a fireplace yet...hopefully a fireplace on our main floor will come next year, along with a full-size tree!
Merry Christmas!
Stay tuned for the new year, when the McCanns rip apart our main floor bathroom, move the toilet, remove the shower and lay down bamboo flooring. Good times for all in 2011!

2 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger Aunt Julie said...

Holiday greeting from "Merica"

Your home is looking very festive and soooo co-ordinated with those limey green dec's. I love the dark curtains and they are so much more practical than white (and safer for the peeping). Here in Merica, no ones decorations match anything and it appears that "more is better".

Good idea for the card hanging thingy and next year, ask the man of the house to hang it lower. You could leave it up all year round and hang your birthday cards, easter cards etc - how fun would that be?

The holiday bouquet is gorgeous and you are very lucky to have someone who buys you flowers. I hope they make it until Christmas. Kerry did a lovely job on the centrepiece - I think someone has been watching Martha Stewart late at night.

And, you all must have been really good this year cause there are lots of presents under that tree! I will look forward to new blog pictures of all the stuff you get from Santa.

Love and hugs from almost at the equator,
Auntie

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger theRachel said...

I love how much you guys love Christmas - the decorating looks great!

PS - why did Ian hang the card holder out of reach of Jenny?

PPS - got your Christmas card, LOVE IT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home