this old cat-house

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

One more post.

Someone told me that there is no reason we should not post pictures and updates that have to do with our Old Cat House, but are not renovations. I am not really into blogs that provide daily updates of people's personal activities, but I think activities and crafts that occur within the house are perhaps acceptable. So, here is a final picture of the LookOut with the paint, trim and stools.
I am an avid baker, and one of the best additions to my kitchen is my stackable cooling rack set. This is a fantastic set, b/c I can cool cookies on it, but also muffins, cupcakes, or anything else that is a little bit "tall". So here are a few pictures of my new favourite cookie recipe cooling on the stackable racks. I thank L&Em for this recipe...the only thing I changed is to add a tbsp of molasses.


***Also, this is another up-close shot of our Subway tile...Great job tiling Mr Mc.



4 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Lesley Hoyles said...

Ooh! That's a great rack! Cookie rack, that is. We need one of those for our very often cookie baking sprees.
Also, your house looks lovely, as do you and the Mr.
Also, I love you.
xoxo.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger theRachel said...

I love the room colours, and the cooling rack is a very acceptable post, in my books.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Aunt Julie said...

Wow - where do I start? Da hell with the rack, those cookies look yummy! And while I too am a fan of the naked chef, seeing just the pots is enough for Auntie! Ian is very cute but.....

The paint colour is fabulous and I think a much more "lively" choice than the previous yellow. I like the nice white trim, really opens things up.

Good job Jenbob on the stool building, I'm sure you learned all that skill from Uncle Rod! Hopefully when I finally get a chance to sit on the stool, it won't break.

Lastly, I can't appreciate the red chair cause the picture is too small but I know if it's red, its beautiful cause thats my favorite colour!

Love to you both and can't wait to see what you do to the front hall!
Auntie

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Hurrah for more pictures of your house! It's looking great. Love the colour (obviously), love the stools. My only complaint is that I live too far away to come over for some cookies:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home